Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bhutan Broadcasting Service(BBS) is back on shortwave again:

On November 20th, I heard Bhutan Broadcasting Service in English on 6035kHz from 0847UTC onwards with good reception with slight noise  & hum .Actually,I was checking the frequencies on air on 49mb with my Grundig Yatch Boy 400(Digital) Rx in the afternoon ,and I was surprised when I heard BBS in English  on 6035kHz after a long break.There was a discussion about "Salt" business etc plus music was played & then Listeners Phone Call In Show with music requests & dedications etc.The transmission was continuing beyond 1000UTC (1028UTC was last moment that I checked) as per my latest monitoring.I also checked the reception quality on my ordinary analog Philips Rx.The reception quality  was satisfactory with slight hum noise.
I thought that BBS might have  discontinued shortwave transmission and there is no possiblity of resumption of its shortwave analog transmission.Anyway, let me monitor in coming days whether it is a regular comeback or something else.

I recorded a few audios ...
1.BBS English on  6035kHz at 0847utc heard on  my Grundig YB 400 Rx with long copper wire as external antenna
Brief Program Details Heard:
Discussion about latest situation on "Salt" business
Here is the link to the audio:
https://app.box.com/s/ekd8gijtgia6daxsg86j

2.BBS English on 6035kHz at 0850utc on  my Philips DL334 Analog Rx without any type of external antenna.
Brief Program Details Heard:
Discussion about latest situation on "Salt" business
Here is the link to the audio:
https://app.box.com/s/385ceij6mz04fzznn234

3.BBS English on 6035kHz at 0930utc heard on my Grundig YB 400 Rx with long copper wire as external antenna.
Brief Program Details Heard:
Music,Reminder of music aired station Idd announcements by a lady & program reminder etc,call to a listener
Here is the link to the audio:
https://app.box.com/s/hscfcdx1kkthidlv6ry8

More updates soon.
73 & 55
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)
Abhayapuri(Assam)(India)

No comments: