Saturday, May 9, 2020

From Railfan Angle..Timetable of Southern Railways November 1989

Our Bordeuta( The Eldest Paternal Uncle)  Late K K Charkarvortty wayback in November December of 1989...visited extensively Western India.beginning with then Bombay. ...Goa. later to Southern India .starting with then.. Bengalore..Mysore then Madras & many other places with his sister and her husband(my uncle & aunty) .He used to write us( i.e.me,my father & other members) letters in English in postcards about his tour.I believe a few of those postcards still in collection of one of my brother.He brought many guide books type stuff like Learn Tamil In 30 Days,Information sheets etc.One Of them I found a few days back from his bookshelf..The Southern Railway Time Table & very pleased to see his signature on the front cover as he used to do whenever he bought any books & newspapers.Sometimes he used to put his signature on other pages also if it was not possible to put signature on the front.
Here is the photographs of the front & back pages of the Time Table as a railway fan I could not resist it to post it.






With Best Wishes
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)
Abhayapuri(Assam)(India)


No comments: