Saturday, February 12, 2022

News Of Canada Via Bangladesh Betar Barishal on 1287kHz , RCI etc

The story goes like this..
A relative of mine recently returned to his place after several years back from Vancouver,British Columbia ,Canada for a few weeks to attend some social ceremonies and also to spend time with  his parents and other family members.I met him recently for a few hours on the back drop of a family function and we exchanged our whatsapp no.And on February 10th, while monitoring the medium wave band in the morning I heard Bangladesh Betar Barishal on 1287kHz with good signal and I think it was relaying news from studio Bangladesh Betar Dhaka.And while I was recording the audio clip from 0116utc onwards for my collection & I heard an interesting news item related to Canada related to protest demonstration by motorists (truck drivers).What a coincidence!!!And I immediately sent the audio clip to my relative via whatsapp with short witty note to him and later he sent me a note of acknowledgement.
Here is the audio clip recorded audio clip around 0116utc of Bangladesh Betar Barishal on 1287kHz on February 10th:
https://app.box.com/s/cpdiaqwds2sktvqf8ljmt17xdlpiinm2

My relative know my keen interest in Radio listening and amateur radio and before leaving for Canada when I met him I mentioned him about a radio station of Canada ..i.e. Radio Canada International(RCI) which I used to listen regularly its English Programs and in fact RCI occupies and a special place for me in active period of radio listening.It is from RCI English I got my first QSL Card via late Bill Westenhaver of Audience Relations of RCI English.I also informed him about ice hockey  and regular weather updates and temperature reaching minus in RCI English  News ...as you know how cool it...And this time he described the coolness of Canada ,,..his real time experience briefly.
And before end,I like to share my first QSL Card in my DXING hobby ..the scanned version....This Is from Canada..Radio Canada International English Service.....



 

More such stories, monitoring observations etc soon.
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(VU3WTI)
Abhayapuri(Assam)(India)


No comments: