Monday, February 6, 2023

First Call Of Cuckoo(কুলি) This Year

I have heard the first call of the Cuckoo on this morning ,with dense fog around and very cool mild breeze blowing, around 05:55AM(0025utc). I heard the first spell with short call for a few seconds  and after a few moments,the call heard with slightly longer spell with slight pause.I think it came from the high branch of the mango tree of the front garden of residence just a few meters away.I rushed to the veranda to record a spell of call around 6:00AM(0030utc) on my mobile.

Here is the link to the audio file recorded around 6:00AM
The First Recorded Call Of Cuckoo:

Here in Assam, often hear people saying that the call of Cuckoo signifies the advent of spring.This time the first call of Cuckoo comes still in winter, slightly early.
The three or four cuckoos (black & another brown type colours)  roam around our campus even in winter for a few years now.In our wood adjacent to our house  they finds a safe heaven as there are plenty of trees with seeds of various trees.They often can be seen on the branches of Korobi plant(Oleander),I guess they like to take the fruits of Korobi .Though I heard , it is poisonous to human.
Anyway,I could not resist sharing these photographs of The Cuckoo on our campus in December 2018,which I took very carefully with our now out of order camera Sony cyber shot. HD20.



With Best Wishes At The Advance Advent Of Spring Though Winter Is Still There HI HI
There Is No Limit Here HI HI
With Call Of Cuckoo Can Spring Be Far Behind, So It Is The Advent Of Spring With Coolness..
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)(VU3WTI)
(Abhayapuri)(Assam)(India)

No comments: