Sunday, January 24, 2021

From Monitor's Diary Special Notes

An Observation ..QRN/QRM On 40mb

Date:January 22nd,2021
For several days now,motor boat or you can say it also as water pump type noise with sharp tone has been observed on 40mb on the frequency range 7050 to 7075kHz range.Sometimes there is slight shift in frequency range  i.e. you can find this noise from 7055 to 7065kHz like as observed today in the morning.As per informantion  disclosed by amateurs on air as heard by me  this noise is there in New Delhi & Guwahati etc also.Today I heard on air during the net on 7065kHz(lsb), VU2DED from New Delhi mentioned about this noise and he was finding it difficult to copy of some of the stations due to this noise.And my ham friend VU3OKB from Guwahati who keeps a close watch on 40mb band activities via his homebrewed DSB transreceiver also reported me about this noise as observed in Guwahati at his location.

Date:January 23,2021
This morning I had not found any motor boat type noise anywhere on 40mb here in my location.A  ham friend from Delhi also informed me that he could copy most of the stations on 7065kHz lsb and did not observe any motor boat type noise there also.

Date:January 24,2021
This morning the motor boat type noise was obserbed from 7130 to 7145kHz here.It was first observed by me as early as 6.18am onwards during my first check on 40mb.It was of  very intensity from 7130kHz and peaked at 7145kHz.But later in the morning its intensity  reduced considerably from 8:26am onwards and not heard after a while.

More such reports/observations etc soon.
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(VU3WTI)
Abhayapuri(Assam)(India)




No comments: