Friday, November 11, 2022

From Amateur's Log Lastest Release At Last A Dream Turns Reality

Today, I am going  to share a few logs of a amateur radio operator.
In this October,VU2OWB ,OM Avijit Mandal from Khaspur in Nadia District of West Bengal, shared me details of his first amateur contact in J3E emission class with USA.He made his first QSO with US based amateur station  KE5EE OM Stan from Florida on October 8th on 14207kHz usb in the evening.And after that he made atleast three other contacts with KE5EE on the same frequency in the evening.He used his Kenwood TK80 transreceiver 60W maximum with the inverted V 20mb centre feed dipole.
Here is the audio file in mp3 format (of the video file he shared) link:
On October 8,2022 14207kHz usb 1754ist for a few minutes 
VU2OWB KE5EE from Florida
And on October 10th,VU2OWB  made  QSO with 5W with uBITX v6 with same antenna and the same frequency in the evening.Here is the audio file in mp3 format (of the video file he shared) link:
14207kHz usb 1829ist VU2OWB KE5EE
During my frequent interaction,VU2OWB told me , it was his wish(I term it dream at my liberty) to contact US based amateur station which he was yet to turn reality.At last, On October 8th evening it became reality.
 VU2OWB has used his location  in a remote village plus his knowledge of HF propagation etc to his advantage.  And also he is using both commercial and homebrewed equipments in making QSOs with DX Stations as per propagation condition and experimentation. You may read my post from February 2022 related to VU2OWB's log of Australian amateur stations with his uBITX v6 barefoot .
Here is the link:

On November 10th i.e. yesterday..in the evening ,believe it or not he again made a QSO with KE5EE from Florida,USA from 1750ist onwards on 14207kHz usb.And he was given 57 to 58 report by KE5EE.VU2OWB gave 59 report to him.And before that he contacted VK6KJ operating from his location in Western Australia on 14202kHz usb 1740ist onwards.VU2OWB was given 58 report by VK6KJ and VU2OWB gave 59 report to him.I also monitoring and could copy VK6KJ 56 to 53 with QSB & noise but no copy of VU2OWB.I was delighted when VK station called VU2OWB's callsign.
Its on rare occasions I can hear VU2OWB on 20mb due to skip.And the aerial distance between my location in Western Assam and his location is approximately 415.30 km as per a distance locator website.
I have been monitoring VU2OWB's signal right from his days of his initial days of amateur radio operation as VU3MVH his earlier restricted grade callsign with a BITX 40 and homebrewed dipole inverted V antenna as per I could call.And he is a station in my watch list.It is my pleasure to share his logs with all of you.I hope if I become on air with J3E Mode from my own amateur station in distant future,he will be one of the first stations which I like to make a QSO.

More reports,observations etc soon.
DE VU3WTI (Gautam Kumar Sharma),on monitoring  mode (HI HI), 
Abhayapuri(Assam)(India)(NL56hi)

No comments: