Thursday, November 3, 2022

The 7070 Report From Western Front After A Long Break

Due to some technical problems in my computer,I have not been able to post any post on this section and also on other sections of my blog, and now the problem has been solved to great extent.I must take this opportunity to thank my Honorary Technical Consultant Bhaskar Patgiri Da of my home town,Abhayapuri, for his constant technical and mental support in solving the problems.
Let me begin. Just a reminder, on 7070kHz lsb in the morning usually amateur radio operators of Amateur Radio Society Of Assam(ARSA) joins for rag chewing and here hams of Assam not members of ARSA,other Northern Eastern States ,Eastern India ,  Bangladesh.Nepal etc  also joins here from time to time..This frequency was first suggested by SK VU2RCH from Nagaon perhaps in 2016 after observing many things.VU2RCH, Ranjit Chaliha also suggested another alternative frequency 7067kHz lsb in case any QRN/QRM on 7070kHz lsb.And it was a great experience for me listening to his QSOs with other hams of Assam active on air during 2016-2018 period.I request ARSA to dedicate this rag chewing net on 7070kHz lsb in his name as RCHNET as a mark of respect to him .VU2RCH was the first amateur radio operator from Assam and got his license in 1983 as far as I could remember. 
Lets begin with the log.

Place Of Monitoring:Abhayapuri(in Western Assam)(India) NL56hi
RX:Grundig YB 80
Long wire end feed antenna (75ft L 33ft H..75sqmm Cu wire multistranded) RG6 cable ..
Monitored Mode:J3E Class of emission(Amateur Stations)
All time mentioned  in Indian Standard Time(ist) and where possible in Coordinated Universal Time(utc) also
Date:November 3,2022

7070kHz lsb 0826-0842ist (0256-0312utc) approx.
VU3OKB 55 to 59 VU3HQP 59
VU3ZRI 56 to 59 

Monitor's Notes:
 VU3HQP Arup Dhar operating from a place 22km approx. away from Agartala (Tripura) on uBITX v6 with barefoot as per information shared on air.It was quite amazing with barefoot QRP 5W (with inverted v 40mb,I guessed),his signal was extremely strong here.And the audio was also like of a  commercial transreceiver as per my personal observation.

VU3ZRI OM Ritu Mahanta  operating a homebrewed set with 15W linear (also homebrewed) from Guwahati and VU3OKB OM Pintu Sarkar operating from Guwahati also with a homebrewed set plus linear(effective power 20-30W).

Earlier heard on 7070kHz lsb ,from 0736ist onwards for approximate 6 minutes ,strong signal of VU2EII OM Vijay Sonam from Naharlagun,Arunachal Pradesh testing his signal using his GEK End Fed Half Wave(EWHF) multiband antenna in a new direction.Though heard strong breaking signal of VU3HQP several times on that frequency,perhaps due to noise,VU2EII had difficulty in copying him as I understood. A few minutes later as far as I could recall VU3HQP & VU2EII both was on air 7145kHz lsb. I copied both perfectly and extremely strong signal.
VU2EII also picked up noise upto 20db during his brief on air transmission and later around noon,he had changed his antenna's direction.Let me monitor his signal later in the evening and next morning and also I am interested  to know about the noise level with change of direction.VU3OKB used to be air on a long wire antenna (EFHW..perhaps) with his homebrewed antenna tuner from Guwahati & other locations (portable operation).In Assam, in recent time,  in my monitoring period of monitoring transmissions of hams of Assam on 7070kHz lsb(from 2016), he was the first amateur radio operator to use this type of antenna .In fact, his first transmission on his homebrewed transmitter with about 500-700mW was heard by me on 7070kHz lsb 53 54 on a September,2019 morning and he used a long wire antenna cut for 40mb(EFHW) as far as I could remember.Now,another amateur radio operator,VU3INI  from Guwahati is using EFHW multiband with his commercial Yaesu transreceiver.

Before finishing,
I like to congratulate Vikas Das,N Zaman  and Biswajit of Baihata ( Near Guwahati) for passing ASOC Examination in restricted grade category.I hope they will soon apply for licenses online and get their respective callsigns.I must salute the fighting spirit of them specially Vikas Das.

More reports,observations etc soon.
73
VU3WTI(Gautam Kumar Sharma)
Abhayapuri(Assam)(India)

No comments: