Wednesday, January 11, 2023

New Year Special 2023 Part II

Here is the second part of New Year Special Series.
It is a report on  a few FM broadcasting radio stations which I heard here in my location yesterday.
Yesterday  morning (January 10th), I heard excellent reception of a few Guwahati based FM Radio broadcast stations here in my place besides the always blasting AIR Goalpara relaying Vividh Bharati program from AIR Mumbai on 102.6MHz during my monitoring session 0230 to 0315utc.
The stations from Guwahati,I heard this morning were AIR Guwahati Mahabahu on 101.6MHz,Radio Mirchi 95MHz,BIG FM 92.7MHz,Super Hit Red FM 93.5MHz & AIR Guwahati Vividh Bharati on 100.8MHz relaying same Vividh Bharati programs as AIR Goalpara.I also heard Gupshup FM on 94.3MHz but not sure whether I have heard the Guwahati or Dhubri Station of Gupshup FM.As last year once  I heard along with the station Idd  of Gupshop FM and place of broadcasting as Dhubri.But considering the same level reception quality as I failed to hear any specific annoucements during random monitoring from time to time today, I though I had heard Gup Shop Guwahati .
Another private FM station from Shillong also heard on 91.1MHz perhaps..It might be Radio Mirchi Shillong.The reception was fair and slightly noisy.
But the reception of Bhutan Broadcasting Service(BBS) in local languages plus Nepali, English are not so good now-a-days on 96MHz.
Not any other FM radio stations apart from these mentioned ,I have heard so far here.I think I should better try a suitable antenna for FM reception.
For all monitoring observations,I used my Grundig YB 400 receiver plus a long wire external antenna ,also my telescopic antenna fully extended position.
 Here is a few audio clips recorded of the FM Stations,I heard.

Super Hit Red FM Guwahati 93.5MHz 0237utc
Gupshop FM 94.3MHz 0208utc
BIG FM Guwahati 92.7MHz 0239utc
AIR Guwahati Vividh Bharati 100.8MHz 0240utc
AIR Goalpara 102.6MHz 0241utc
Radio Mirchi 95MHz 0242utc
AIR Guwahati  Mahabahu 101.6MHz 0259utc
https://app.box.com/s/vae5jozkiztcu7xm0gxedkd9ul1no0k4

Thanks for reading and listening 
More of the New Year Special Series Coming Up....
With Best Wishes
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)(VU3WTI)
(Abhayapuri)(Assam)(India)

No comments: