Saturday, January 7, 2023

New Year Special 2023 Part I

Welcome to this New Year Special Series.And this part I I am sharing a few reception observations/log  etc of broadcasting stations I heard during the first week of this new year 2023 and which appears to me something special.
For all monitoring working condition is
Receiver:Grundig Yacht Boy 400
External Antenna:Long Wire multistranded Copper wire 79ft long 35ft height approx. RG6 coaxial cable feedline etc
Place Of Reception:Abhayapuri(Assam)(India) 
All time mentioned  in  Coordinated Universal Time(utc) 

All India Radio(AIR) Nepali :
On January 5th, All India Radio (AIR) External Service's Nepali transmission was heard on three frequencies viz.15030kHz(strong signal via SPT Bengaluru-500kW),9910kHz(weak ) & 11560kHz( good strength with fading) both via New Delhi(100kW).I monitored from 0938utc onwards for a few minutes.The program on air was Hindi flim music.
Here is the audio files recorded on all frequencies monitored.
0939utc on 15030kHz:
0940utc on 9910kHz:
0941utc on 11560kHz:
So far my monitoring of AIR Ext Ser. Nepali transmission in the afternoon i.e. the second transmission,I usually could hear on 15030 & 11560kHz only, this was the first occasion,I listened to it on 9910kHz.

Station KNLS Alaska English Via Madgascar World Voice(MWV):
Station KNLS English is now audible on 13760kHz from Madagascar (MWV) here on both from 0200-0258utc & 0300-0358utc with good overall reception.Though noise and slight QRM both side band splatter plus very weak co-channel interference is observed.I heard  from 0300utc onwards very weak signal of Voice Of Korea North Korea's interval signal etc sometimes.Anyway, on B22 season only on two occasions, I heard the station on 0200-0258utc on 13760kHz,but now it is on air regularly.
Here is the audio file link recorded of KNLS English on January 6th at 0256utc:
And this the audio recording link on the same day at just the beginng of the 2nd transmission around 0300utc:
Hope you observed the weak audio of  station identification/interval signal of Voice Of Korea in the background.
Though I have never sent reception reports to Station KNLS Alaska on their transmission either on their Alaska transmission or latest their transmissions via MWV.Their transmission via Alaska very weak here and I had the chance to copy their KNLS Alaska transmissions even on my Phillips DL334 Rx with long wire antenna sometime during 1998 onwards from time to time but weak noisy and difficult to copy for longer period.But wrote to Station KNLS for free give away for listeners (two items per each request) via aerogram.I received two booklets on Radio and many items.They sent me a blank QSL Card also depicting the station building at Anchor Point ,Alaska.
The scanned pictures of the blank QSL Card both sides..
 



Snaps of the radio related books and a few postcards received from Station KNLS Alaska.All items perhaps received 1999-2000 period.




Radio Japan NHK World Bengali Hindi Urdu via Yamata(300kW):
The inconsistent reception of the above mentioned transmissions is continuing in the new year also.Here is the schedule,just for reminder
on 11610kHz 
Bengali  1500-1530utc & Hindi 1530-1549utc
on 11620kHz Urdu 1600-1619utc
The signal sometimes is audible sometimes not at all,sometimes weak with noise  & fading etc.
The Bengali transmission on 11610kHz during 1500-1530utc is also facing QRM i.e.interference as a form of slight side band splatter from on 11620kHz  perhaps AWR English.
On January Ist, nothing was audible here  of all mentioned transmission, On January 2nd ,I monitored Bengali & Hindi transmission, I heard with good reception.
But nothing was  audible on January 6th, my latest monitoring.
Here is the audio link I recorded on January 2nd of Radio Japan Bengali around 1514utc on 11610kHz:
And here the link to the audio recording made by me Radio Japan Hindi on 11610kHz around 1533utc:
Lets hope for the better reception if not the best.
Better something than nothing at all..

Radio Romania International(RRI) English:
Here is the summary of RRI English reception in rapid fire during first week of January 2023
7325kHz during 0100-0156utc directed to North America East Coast but audible in previous winter seasons with good reception
Very weak signal,noisy ,barely audible most of the time( as in 2022 part of B22 season)
0400-0456utc to India like last winter season both two frequencies viz 11705/17790kHz on DRM mode, so I have no receiver of DRM and so no information about their reception quality here and for other parts of India no information is with me.
I may try  later via kiwi websdr located in different parts of India with DRM capabilities.
0630-0656utc 17780kHz 21470kHz To Pacific Areas Australia ,also audible in India
Very noisy though signal strength varies from good to fair, but not very comfortable reception as per my aircheck on January 6th.
I will have to monitor from time to time.

More New Year Special 2023 Coming up....
Hold Your Breath Until Then...HI HI
With Best Wishes
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)(VU3WTI)
(Abhayapuri)(Assam)(India)

No comments: