Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Philips Once The Only Brand For Radio In Our Family

 


This  Philips radio ad in Assamese was noticed by me in our collection of a Bengali Magazines way back from late 1980s in its April month edition.And in our family Philips was the only brand of Radio we purchased right from the first radio purchased by my father(in late 1960s) & uncles (1970s)and aunties....I could not resist to post this ad from my collection in this April.I used to listen to radios of Philips only at home & our uncle's & aunties's residence (also most of our relatives). 
And this tradition was broken when I got two radios of Grundig ..the first Yacht Boy 400 & later in another 
Grundig Yacht Boy 80 as prizes from Deutsche Welle Radio English Service of Germany in way back in 2000s.And I began to listening to radio most of the time on the Grundigs...
That is an another chapter....Will discuss later..in appropriate section of the blog.
With Greetings & With The Heartiest Well Wishes On the occasion of Assamese New Year &  Bohagi(Rongali) Bihu Festival


73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)(VU3WTI)
(Abhayapuri)(Assam)(India)


No comments: