Wednesday, April 19, 2023

FM FLASH AIR Goalpara QSP AIR Guwahati Mahabahu Programs

 After Observing All India Radio(AIR) Goalpara on 102.6MHz for a few weeks now, it has been relaying(QSP) AIR Guwahati Mahabahu  programs instead of relaying previous AIR Vividh Bharati Programs from Mumbai.It is good step.But I think at late  night to early morning hours  Vividh Bharati programs can be aired too.Goalpara Town is just around 22km approx. aerially from my place and it is situated just on the south bank  of the Brahmaputra.
Actually, what I happened, I could not hear here AIR Goalpara signal on 101.6MHz for a few days.Later, after a break of a few days perhaps on April 8th in the morning onwards,I am listening AIR Goalpara relaying AIR Guwahati Mahabahu  programs.

AIR Guwahati Mahabahu( ex AIR Guwahati A) is at present audible on 729kHz (medium wave) and also on  101.6MHz(FM).I guess the FM transmitter of AIR Goalpara is situated at the top of the Hulukanda Pahar of the town.I think the station is in relay mood at present.And the power may be around (1kW)not sure.But the reception has been excellent here so far.It is now active as relay station for several years now.

More observations/reports etc soon.
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)(VU3WTI)
(Abhayapuri)(Assam)(India)

No comments: