Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The Boxing Day Special Good Reception Of F8E Emissions

On the Boxing Day i.e.On December 26th, to my surprise right from early morning hours,I heard good reception of all Guwahati based private FM broadcasting stations(F8E FM stereo broadcast) viz Radio Mirchi on 95MHz,BIG FM on 92.7MHz,Red FM on 93.5MHz till late in the morning upto approximately 0400utc(i.e.0930hr IST/9:30AM) for nearly tow hours.Another station Gupshup FM that broadcasts on 94.3MHz also heard with good reception but the station also broadcast from Dhuburi town within 80-90 km approximately aerially from my hometown besides Guwahati city.As I have not heard any specific station identification as such during my random monitoring this time.Earlier once,I indeed heard the station identification as Gupshup FM Dhubri this year.

But All India Radio(AIR) FM Stations, i.e.AIR Guwahati Mahabahu On 101.6MHz and AIR Guwahati Vividh Bharati on 100.8MHz were not very strong on that day.The signal strength  was stronger on 101.6MHz than 100.8MHz.
But the strongest signal strength ,I heard was my nearest FM Radio Station ..i.e.AIR Goalpara on 102.6MHz ..relaying AIR Mumbai's Vividh Bharati programs.And Goalpara is nearly 20-25km approximately aerially from my place on the sourthern bank of the Brahmaputra river.

Bhutan Broadcasting Service (BBS) on 96MHz was also audible with Bhutanese language programs and the Nepali Service programs from 0400utc but the signal strength was not so strong and slightly noisy.

My radio monitor friend Avijit Mondal(VU2OWB)from Khaspur,West Bengal informed me later in the day, he also could copy on the boxing day many FM broadcasting Stations from across  the border from Bangladesh loud and clear in his radio.

Now let me share a few of my audio recordings links. of a few FM Stations of the Boxing day morning this year.(December 26th)
Radio Mirchi Guwahati 95MHz 0307utc:
Gupshup FM 94.3MHz 0325utc:
BIG FM 92.7MHz 0339utc:
Red FM Guwahati 93.5MHz 0353utc:

I used my Grundig YB 400 RX and a long wire end fed with RG6 coaxial cable.
To know more about the BOXING DAY,please visit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

More such reports,observations etc from time to time.
With Best Wishes
73
Gautam Kumar Sharma(GK)(VU3WTI)
(Abhayapuri)(Assam)(India)

No comments: